There’s nothing like the feeling of a facial. Facials are so much more than a way to pamper yourself and give your skin a beautiful healthy glow.
The skin benefits facials have make it a treatment worth investing in. In fact, facials provide a great number of health benefits including:
- Reducing the appearance of wrinkles
- Evening out of skin tone
- Unclogging pores by removing white-heads, black heads, dirt, oil and dead skin cells
- Brightening the skin leaving it feeling soft and luminous
Here’s some common questions asked about facials and our responses:
How Does a Facial Work?
During a facial treatment, your skin will be steamed to open pores, extracted and then prepared for a mask to meet your skin’s specific needs.
How Often Do I Need a Facial?
How often you should get a facial depends on your skin type, skin condition, age and climate where you live. If you want to keep your skin looking its best, get a facial treatment once a month. If you have oily skin, you may need to go more frequently. For best results, a series of 4-6 treatments is recommended.
Which Type of Facial Is Right for Me?
Everyone’s skin is different so facials should be customized based on what’s going on with your skin. That’s why it’s important to work with a professional esthetician who can identify your skin’s problem areas and recommend the best treatments for your skin.
Here are the best types of facials for your skin type:
- Normal or Dry: A classic facial with moisturizers will nourish your skin.
- Oily Skin: This recommended facial treatment includes a deep cleansing with exfoliation, toning and a mask to remove excess oils, shrink pores and make the skin softer.
- Combination Skin: If you have combination skin, generally the T-zone is oily and the rest of your face is dryer and even flaky. Combination skin also means that you may have fine lines, wrinkles, shininess and clogged pores all at the same time so these areas need to be treated separately. Enzyme, chemical or even microdermabrasion exfoliants work very well. The T-zone area may need extractions and mask to replenish lost water and soothe the skin.
- Sensitive Skin: Gentle treatments are needed for sensitive skin. Enzyme treatments exfoliate gently without irritation.
Treat your Skin to a Renewing Facial Today!
Plan your visit today! Visit Image Nations Salon and Med Spa located in Allen, Texas to find out more about our Facials, Microdermabrasion & Peels to take care of your skin as we head into the cooler months.